Job Title: Teller/Mobile Branch Driver
Department: Lynnwood Branch
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
This position acts as the primary point of contact for the bank’s mobile clients and is responsible for building strong customer relationships with mobile branch clientele while at their business locations; performing all basic teller duties; accurately and efficiently processing and recording routine transactions for the bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, and processing loan payments; and promoting the bank’s products and services.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Picks up daily mobile branch deposits and maintains mobile branch schedule.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amounts and endorsements, cashes checks and pays out money upon verification standards and balance in an accurate and complete manner.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with all customers and prospective customers through established customer service and sales standards.
- Develops, maintains, and demonstrates a basic knowledge of current Bank products and services.
- Maintains basic knowledge and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of each day and performs specialized tasks, such as preparing cashier’s checks and inputting wire transfer instructions.
- Identifies referral opportunities and makes relevant referrals.
- Maintains confidentiality when handling customer requests and transactions.
- Takes mobile car in for regular servicing and maintenance and keeps records of such maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to exhibit professionalism and respond to customers’ needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to changing priorities while possessing strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively and clearly in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have valid Washington state driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of six months cash handling and customer service experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to remain in a stationary position and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a multi-line telephone, copy machine, scanner, fax, computer printer, and cash counter. The employee needs to frequently communicate with internal and external contacts and move about inside the branch to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Occasionally transports money and coin weighing 25-50 lbs. and files/boxes weighing 5-10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climate controlled business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday; 40 hours per week.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- 20-25% local, non-overnight travel using the bank’s Mobile Branch vehicle.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or otherwise modify the terminable-at-will employment relationship.
Mountain Pacific Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.