Job Title: Operations Support Specialist
Department: Operations Support
Reports To: Assistant Operations Manager
This position is responsible for providing accurate and thorough bank operational and processing support in all related and assigned functions within the department, while ensuring proper processing and maintenance of deposit products and services in accordance with department and regulatory guidelines, and within prescribed deadlines.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers in accordance with Mountain Pacific Bank Standards.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Supports cash management functions including but not limited to ACH, Remote Deposit Capture, Wire Transfers, Business Online Banking, and Bill Pay. Duties include assisting and training customers as needed, processing daily transmissions, reviewing reports, and ensuring Bank is compliant with internal policies, procedures, and NACHA and FFIEC Guidelines where appropriate.
- Processes check adjustments, check and ACH returns, and stop payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides Business and Consumer Online Banking/Mobile Deposit support and training for internal and external customers.
- Accurately processes wire transfers, including but not limited to inputting wire upon customer request, verifying, and approving of wires. Duties include training customers as needed and ensuring Bank is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures Regulation E claims and Reg E disputes are processed accurately, and timelines are met per regulation and policy.
- Performs all activities related to legal processing, to include but not limited to garnishments, levies, Fed withholding, IOLTA/IRETA remittance and Inactive/Dormant account monitoring, processing weekly branch cash orders in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Supports the Visa Credit Card program which includes opening new accounts upon request, processing payments and disputes, providing customer support, reviewing reports for accuracy, and ensuring all Bank policies and procedures are followed.
- Independently reconciles assigned daily reports, bank control accounts, and general ledgers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adheres to all Bank policies, procedures, security requirements, and regulatory requirements.
- Responds to, researches, and resolves customer and staff requests for assistance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs various IRA and HSA account maintenance which includes, but is not limited to, transaction review/monitoring and documentation review. This is completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Performs periodic and annual review of reports and IRS forms to ensure accurate IRS reporting and to identify and correct any errors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise in current IRA, HSA, Cash Management rules and regulations.
- Maintains up to date Operations procedures.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to cross train, share in all department responsibilities, and provide back-up assistance as required or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers, and responds to customers’ needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Ability to gain working knowledge and understanding of principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Effective listening, verbal, and written business communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues and follow up items over the phone and via email.
- Understanding of business appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer.
- Ability to provide clients with information, data, advice, and solutions, as well as gain their trust and respect.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational, time management, data review, and processing skills. This includes the ability to manage multiple assignments, ensure that priorities are set, and be able to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency, and accuracy are required.
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Coursework and/or certification in accounting or relevant education preferred.
- 2 years’ recent experience in bank operations, clerical accounting, and/or retail banking in a financial services industry preferred.
- Recent experience in bank operations and working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to view computer screens, read reports, remain in a stationary position, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a multi-line telephone, copy machine, scanner, fax, and computer printer. The employee needs to frequently communicate with internal and external contacts and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climate controlled business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday; 40 hours per week.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Minimal (0%-5%) local, non-overnight travel.
The above job description is not intended as an all-inclusive list of the essential functions which the individual will be required to perform. The individual may be required to perform other reasonable business-related duties and tasks, as assigned, at the discretion of management. Mountain Pacific Bank reserves the right to change or modify this job description, as needed, at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or otherwise modify the terminable at will employment relationship.
Mountain Pacific Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.