Job Title: New Accounts Representative
Department: Lynnwood Branch
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Responsible for assisting customers in their selection of various bank products and financial services. Responsible for opening and closing accounts and safe boxes, performing various branch clerical duties, and promoting business by building and maintaining good customer relations. Also, responsible for providing back up as a teller as needed by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Discusses financial goals and needs with customers.
- Recommends bank products as services to customers.
- Opens, maintains, and closes accounts and safe boxes.
- Collects and reviews applications for consumer credit.
- Inputs wire transfers.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships through exceptional service, communication, and follow through.
- Adheres to all bank policies, procedures, security requirements, and federal regulations.
- Provides back up to tellers as needed.
- Performs branch clerical duties as assigned.
- Processes check orders.
- Provides customer support for online banking.
- Scans bank documents for the branch.
- Works independently as well as part of the team.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to exhibit professionalism and respond to customers’ needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to changing priorities while possessing strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively and clearly in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to remain in a stationary position and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a multi-line telephone, copy machine, scanner, fax, and computer printer. The employee needs to frequently communicate with internal and external contacts and move about inside the branch to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climate controlled business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday; 40 hours per week.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and/or extended hours, as needed.
- Minimal (0%-10%) local, non-overnight travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or otherwise modify the terminable-at-will employment relationship.
Mountain Pacific Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.